The Ministry of Home Affairs has permitted to open non-essential goods and services from April 25. Due to the coronavirus outbreak lockdown was imposed in the nation to curb its spread.
However, hops that are in hotspot zones will remain closed.
As per the release by MHA, shops have non-essential services and goods will open with the condition of 50 per-cent of the workers at the workplace with essential protective equipment- masks, and following social distancing.
Below is the list of what will open and what will remain closed from Saturday:
What will open-
1. All shops that are registered under the Shops and Establishment Act of the respective State/Union Territory, which also includes residential complex’s shops and market complexes, outside the municipal corporations and municipalities.
2. Neighborhood shops, standalone shops, and shops in residential complexes, within the limits of municipal corporations and municipalities.
3. Shops that are located in registered markets located outside the municipal corporations and municipalities can open but with 50 percent of staff and following proper social distancing with masks.
4. Parlours and local salons.
5. All the markets in rural areas as well as semi-rural areas.
6. In city areas, non-essential goods and services will be allowed to operate provided they are in residential areas or is a standalone shop.
7. In rural areas, non-essentials services can be sold in all kinds of shops.
8. Markets that are not within the limits of municipal corporations and municipalities are allowed to open.
9. All small shops in the neighborhood will be allowed to open amid the coronavirus lockdown.
What will remain closed-
1. Shops in multi-brand and single-brand malls outside the limits of municipal corporations and municipalities will not open.
2. Shops in market complexes, multi-brand, and single-brand malls within the limits of municipal corporations and municipalities will not open from Saturday.
3. Cinema halls, shopping complexes, gyms, sports complexes, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, and auditoriums, assembly halls will remain shut.
4. Big shops/brands/market places will remain shut.
5. In urban [municipal] areas, market complex like Nehru Place, Lajpat Nagar, etc will not open.