The Ministry of AYUSH released immunity-boosting methods for self-care during the COVID-19 Pandemic. These immunity-boosting measures include drinking hot water all day. It also suggests people take Chyavanprash in the morning and turmeric milk once a day. For those with dry cough or sore throat, the ministry of AYUSH recommends steam inhalation with fresh mint leaves.
Due to the Corona Virus Pandemic, entire humanity all around the world is anguishing. Enriching the body’s natural defense system (immunity) plays a vital role in managing ideal health. We all already know that prevention is much better than cure. While none of the countries can make medicine for COVID-19 as of now. It will be better to take preventive methods that boost our immunity during coronavirus pandemic.
The Ministry of AYUSH suggests the following self-care instructions for preventive health measures and boosting the internal defense system (immunity) with a special allusion to the respiratory system’s health. These self-care measures are recommended by Ayurvedic literature and scientific publications.
General Measures for Self-care
- Drink warm water all day.
- Daily practice of Yogasana, Pranayama and meditation for 30 minutes as recommended by the Ministry of AYUSH.
- Try to use Spices like Haldi, Jeera, Dhaniya, and Lahsun in cooking.
Ayurvedic Immunity Boosting Measures
- Always Take Chyavanprash in the morning. The Diabetics person should take sugar-free Chyavanprash.
- Prefer drinking herbal tea (Kadha) made from Tulsi (Basil), Kalimirch (Black pepper), Shunthi (Dry Ginger) and Munakka (Raisin) – once a day. Add natural sugar to your taste, if needed.
- Golden Milk (Turmeric Milk)- Half teaspoon Haldi (turmeric) powder in 150 ml hot milk – once a day.
Simple Ayurvedic Procedures
- Nasal application – Apply coconut oil or Ghee in both the nostrils in the morning & evening.
- Oil pulling therapy- Take 1 tablespoon coconut oil in the mouth. Do not drink, Swish in the mouth for 2-3 min and spit it off followed by a warm water rinse. This should be done once a day.
During dry cough / sore throat
- Inhaling steam with fresh Pudina (Mint) leaves or Ajwain can be adept once in a day.