WHO: Make No Mistake, Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time

2
WHO: Make No Mistake, Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time

The WHO director-general Adhanom Ghebreyesus Tedros said, coronavirus will stalk the planet for a long time to come & cautioned most countries all over the world were still in the early stages of the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic.

World Health Organisation director-general Adhanom Ghebreyesus  Tedros on Wednesday added some countries that thought they had the COVID-19 under control were witnessing a rebirth in coronavirus positive cases, while there were upset upward trends in Africa & the Americas.

Also Read: After Charging Journalist, Senior J&K Cop Called Out For Tweet Against PM Modi

WHO director-general also insisted that the United Nations health agency had announced a global emergency in good time on January 30 for countries to arrange and plan their response to COVID-19.

World Health Organisation has been heavily criticized by the US for its handling of the COVID-19 pandemic but Adhanom Ghebreyesus Tedros flicked off calls for him to resign.

During a virtual press briefing on Wednesday, WHO director-general Adhanom Ghebreyesus Tedros said Most of the epidemics in western Europe seem to be stable or declining.

WHO: Make No Mistake, Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time

Adhanom Ghebreyesus Tedros further said in the briefing most countries are still in the early stages of the COVID-19 pandemic. And some that were affected early by the coronavirus outbreak are now starting to see a rebirth in coronavirus positive cases.

World Health Organisation director-general also said, “Make No Mistake, Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time.”

Earlier, Adhanom Ghebreyesus Tedros warned countries that have begun giving ease in nation-wide lockdown laws.

Meanwhile, the World Health Organisation chief Adhanom Ghebreyesus Tedros called on the US to have a rethought on its decision to freeze funding to the WHO and hoped that the United States will once again support World Health Organisation’s work and continue to save lives.

Last week, The United States declared a decision to freeze it’s funding to the World Health Organisation.

More than 1,80,000 people all across the world have died from the COVID-19 pandemic, as per the AFP tally based on official sources.

Source

Facebook Comments